Friday, October 17, 2014

Matte Eyes Everyday!


Matte Eyes Everyday? 

Yes! I am talking about the Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay. It is a set of 6 beautiful matte colors great for creating a day-time look.

Price: 27$

Packaging: small , compact, synthetic case, large mirror, 6 vertical rectangular pans

Quality: highly pigmented, not chalky at all, blend easily

Shades:
Venus: satin smooth white, applies like butter, good color payoff. Can be used as an all-over-lid color or as a highlight. I love it especially on my brow- bone, really gives my eyebrows the necessary lift!

Foxy: yellowish beige, smooth matte

Walk of Shame: cream color with light pink undertone,  matte

Naked 2: soft taupe - a bit of brown , a bit of grey , so smooth and blends beautifully.

Faint: soft smooth dark- brown, amazing as a crease-shade.

Crave: dark smooth black, very pigmented, can be applied wet as an eyeliner or can be used for creating a smokey eye look.









Pros: 

-all matte shades in one palette -great for daily/office use
-AMAZING quality, highly pigmented, no fallout, no chalkiness
- apply smooth with a buttery texture
-long- wearing even without a primer
- compact, lightweight, great for travel purposes

Cons:
-heavy on the wallet (27$ for basic matte colors!)
- If you already own the other Naked palettes, you probably have all these shades spread out across those palettes. (For example, Crave is similar to Blackout in Naked 2.)

Final Verdict: 
Very good quality, I cannot say that enough!
If you are a fan of Nudes/ Neutral shades and you stay away from shimmer/glitter shadows, then this palette is for you.



My Everyday Eye-makeup Routine:
- I usually do not use eyeshadow primer with this palette or on a daily basis.
- I apply Venus all over the lids as a base
- W.O.S. over the centre of the lids
-I apply venus again in the inner angles of my eyes
-I then apply Faint into my crease and blend it well into W.O.S. with a blending brush.
-I use Venus again on the brow bone as a highlight. 

-Winged liner with the Maybelline Colossal Kajal! (Amazing, intense black, smudge proof eye liner)
- Rimmel Wonderfull Mascara with Argan oil.




What do you guys think of this palette? What other matte eyeshadow palettes do you guys  recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment