Monday, November 3, 2014

NARS Concealer stick in Ginger




NARS does some really good products, totally in love with their ever-so-famous Blush in "Orgasm". I wanted to try something else from their Make-Up range, and since I'm always on the look out for good Blemish covering- concealers, I decided to try their concealer stick.
I picked this one up in a hurry, So I ended up getting a shade, a tad bit darker than my skin tone.

What is it: NARS Concealer
Price: 24$ from narscosmetics.com

What it claims: 'Brilliantly obscures imperfections and dark spots with a creamy, vitamin-rich formula that nourishes the skin for all-day wear. Crease-proof and easily blendable for a flawless finish.
  • Long-wearing
  • Enriched with moisturizing Vitamin E' 
Shade Collection: 10 shades from Chantilly (lightest) to Cacao (darkest)
I got 'Ginger' - Golden undertone for medium complexion

'Ginger'- swatch



After blending, slightly darker for my skin tone, but works well under foundation!



Pros: 
  • Creamy, smooth, easily blendable with a concealer brush
  • Medium coverage, build-able to full,  for post-inflammatory pigmentation spots (acne), scars, sun spots etc.
  • Does not settle into fine lines/wrinkles
  • Long wearing
  • Stays matte especially over the T-zone
  •  The darker shades (cafe and cacao) are excellent to be used as Cream Contour for the face and the light shades (chantilly and ivory) can be used as a cheekbone highlight.
Cons:
  • expensive
  • Is not a heavy duty concealer- does not cover major skin imperfections
  • I do not find it to be very effective for under-eye brightening. Has a slightly heavy feel when applied over the under-eye area.
Final Verdict: I really like this concealer, it has good coverage and does not slide off by mid-day- the most important point, I look for in concealers! The quality definately makes it worth the price.

Will I repurchase it? Yes, probably in Cacao and Chantilly -For contour and highlight.

What do you ladies think of this product? What other Concealer- sticks would you recommend?






No comments:

Post a Comment